AM I ELIGIBLE?
To be eligible for selection athletes must be a current member of Queensland Athletics and a minimum of 12 years and a maximum of 19 years of age as at the 31 December 2018. Athletes are also required to compete in the Queensland Junior Athletics Championships (22 - 25 February 2018), and at least one other QA competition during the 2017-2018 QA Summer Series#
HOW DO I QUALIFY?
To qualify to compete in the Australian Athletics Championships athletes must satisfy at least one of the following criteria:
- Place 1st, 2nd or 3rd in:
- Queensland Secondary Schools Track and Field Championships (12 -15 October 2017) *
- Queensland Junior Athletics Championships (22 - 25 February 2018)
- Place 1st or 2nd in:
- Athletics North Queensland Track & Field Championships (22 - 24 September 2017) * ^
- Any athlete that achieves the entry standard is eligible for selection (pending nomination)
# Athletes that live further than 200 km from the Queensland Sport and Athletics Centre, or who have extenuating circumstances, may apply to the Queensland Athletics CEO for an exception. Athletes registered with ANQ are not required to compete in the Queensland Junior Athletics Championships.
* Due to the year change, athletes will compete up in the next age division – i.e. if athlete placed in the U15 (14 years) age group at the 2017 QSS/ANQ Championships, they will compete up in the U16 age group at the 2018 Australian Junior Championships.
^ Eligibility restricted to registered ANQ athletes only