The North Queensland Athletics Championships is the premier athletics event in North Queensland. Held since 1957, this major championships has grown in size and is now reconsidered as the biggest regional athletics event in Australia.
The 2017 North Queensland Athletics Championships are being held on 22-24 September at the Townsville Sports Reserve and include the following events:
- ANQ Track & Field Championships (ages 4 years to Masters)
- ANQ 12km Road Running Championships
- ANQ Combined Event Championships
- Queensland & ANQ 100 Yards Championships
- Queensland & ANQ 1 Mile Championships
Events are open to all athletes who are members of Athletics North Queensland, Queensland Athletics, Athletics Australia, Oceania Athletics and the IAAF.
For competition details and to enter online, please refer to the event page on the Athletics North Queensland (ANQ) website here: