The BASE membership is a low-cost option for casual QA competitors, athletes that train or compete at a club level only, and for new athletes that are unsure about committing to a full membership straight away. BASE members are able to participate with no restrictions in all:
- Club training and activities
- Club conducted competitions
- QA cross country and road events
- School based competitions
BASE membership is also a suitable and cost effective option for Little A's, QMA and TRAQ that are looking to try a couple of QA competitions or perhaps just compete at the Queensland Championships.
As the initial membership fee is so low, there are a couple of restrictions on BASE members as outlined below:
- May compete in a maximum of three QA track and field competitions during the summer season, including QA Shield Meets and Queensland Championships. Higher event entry fees also apply
- Not eligible to compete at the 2017 Australian Athletics Championships (U14-Open).
BASE members will be able to upgrade to a full TRADITIONAL/PLATINUM membership at any stage during the summer season if they find that would like to compete in more QA competitions or continue on to the 2017 Australian Athletics Championships. Refer to the Upgrades section below for further details.