The 2017 Australian Cross Country Championships will be held in Kembla Joggers Cross Country Park, Wollongong, NSW, on the 26th of August 2017.
Queensland Athletics will be selecting athletes to represent the state in the Queensland Team in the Under 14, Under 16, Under 18, Under 20 and Open age groups.
In 2017, the selections for the Queensland Athletics Cross Country Team, will come from performances at the following Championships:
- 35TH QA ALL SCHOOLS CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS: U14, U16, U18 & Multi Class only
Saturday 6 May, Kedron State High School
- QUEENSLAND 8KM CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS: U20 & Open only
Saturday 17 June, CJ Greenfield Complex, Richlands
- QUEENSLAND CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS: All Age Groups U14-Open & Multi Class
Saturday 29 July, Maleny Golf Club, Maleny
Athletes seeking selection in the team must compete at a minimum of one of these Championships and meet the selection and eligibility criteria.
As per Athletics Australia competition guidelines, Queensland Athletics will select:
- 16 male and 16 female athletes in each of the following age groups: Under 14, Under 16 and Under 18.
- There is no restriction on total numbers selected in the U20 and Open age groups.
- 6 male and 6 female athletes will also be selected in the Multi Class (athletes with a disability) Under 14, Under 16 and Under 20 age groups.
Full Team Selection Policy Team Information & Nomination Form