A huge first day in Tampere saw personal and season bests set by plenty of Australians and Queenslanders.
- Clio Ozane-Jacques was the first QLD to step on the track for a final, finishing 13th in a hard fought 5000m
- Ash Moloney leads the decathlon by 216 points after having a big day in Finland.
- Montanna McAvoy and Brielle Erbacher both set PBs in the Steeplechase to secure a finals berth.
- Callum Davies produced a pb in the 1500m to move through to the finals
- Jake Doran (100) and Ella Connolly (400) both ran great heats to progress to the semis in their respective events.
For the full wrap up from day one, click here