Australian Athletics Championships
More than 3,500 track and field athletes of all ages will compete in the 2020 Australian Athletics Championships, with the Sydney Olympic Park Athletic Centre set to host the combined Junior and Open aged championships for able-bodied and para-athletes from 21st - 29th March 2020.
Please note that an approved nomination does not confirm an athletes place within the team. Athletes must still meet the following criteria:
- Be a registered member of Queensland Athletics or Athletics North Queensland. *Base Members will require National Permit ($100) to compete at Australian Championships.
- Complete the online registration form (an online registration form link will be emailed to all athletes whose nominations have been approved on the 9th of March 2020.
- Athletes are also required to compete in the Queensland Athletics Championships (5th -8th of March), and at least one other QA competition during the 2019-20 QA Summer Series.
Monday 10th of February 9am - Team Manager Applications Close
Thursday 5th - Sunday 8th of March - Queensland Athletics Championships
Sunday 8th of March 11:59pm - Australian Athletics Championships Nominations Close.- Juniors
Sunday 8th of March 11:59pm - Australian Athletics Championships - Open registrations close
Monday 9th of March 5pm - Queensland Team Announced
Thursday 12th of March 9am - (U14-U20) Registrations close
Saturday 21st - Sunday 29th of March - Australian Athletics Championships
The Team Levy for these championships is $150. This fee includes:
- Team Selection
- Team Administration Costs
- Team Management Services; Queensland Athletics will be providing an experienced management team of 16 managers to assist with athlete management throughout the championships
- Access to physiotherapists
- Event entry for these championships is $30 per event (*$30 per event additional charge for late entries).
Uniforms are all ordered online through the Queensland Athletics website, all orders need to be completed by the Tuesday 10th of March in order to be received on time.
Accommodation and Travel Arrangements
Athletes are not required to stay with the Team. Packages are only available for athletes under 18 years of age, who are traveling to Sydney unaccompanied.
Accommodation packages are available. The package is for a minimum of 2 nights and costs $390 ($195 per each additional night).
The accommodation package includes accommodation (twin share), breakfast and transport between Sydney Airport, Team hotel and SOPAC. Athletes who choose to stay with the team must make arrangements to find transport to Sydney Airport and must also inform Queensland Athletics of their travel details in writing.
Please note that Queensland Athletics does NOT book flights for athletes. Athletes are required to book their own flights. Athletes are not required to stay in Sydney for the entire championships; athletes may stay in Sydney for their event competition days only if they choose.